This article explains how to create a Report Template to use for automated reporting of your network maps, charts, data, and insights.
Note: We are in the final stages of adding network map functionality to your report templates. In the meantime, we recommend saving the network map you prepare as an image within the Analyzer, then adding a text panel and uploading the network map there as an image with explanatory text. (see example below for more details)
This image shows how to add a network map: Save your map as an image in the Network Analyzer, then create a text panel in the report template, click the "add image" button, and upload your saved network map image. We recommend using another text panel next to it to explain what people see.
How to Create a Report Template
First, login to your PARTNER CPRM account and open your ecosystem.
1. Click "Reports" within the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
2. Within the Report Template Bank that opens, click "Add" at the top of the page.
3. This will open a new report template where you can build your report.
4. Give your Report a title, which is required, in the field at the top in the title block.
5. You can add an optional report description, author list and contributor list. You can also edit these later. You cannot delete a title block.
6. After adding a title, you will have the ability to add report blocks by clicking "Add: Report Block" at the bottom of the page.
7. In the empty report block, you can format it with 1-4 columns using the dropdown menu at the top.
8. In each column, select one of these panels to add:
- Network Maps (coming soon - for now, follow our directions at the top of the page to add maps using an image and text panel)
9. After selecting an element, choose a chart or add text to display, and click "Save."
10. You can re-arrange blocks and columns by clicking the small arrows at the top right of them each.
11. To delete a block or column, click the small trash icon at the top of them each.
12. To see what your template looks like with data drawn from your most recent Data Capture, click "Preview" at the top left of the page.
The Report Builder saves in real-time, so you can click "Reports" to return to your template bank once you are finished creating your report template.
To use the report template to generate an automated report, return to the bank and click a report name to draw data from your most recent Data Capture.