Asking the Right Questions
PARTNER CPRM has the capability to collect data using a number of different survey question types and features. You can use Network Member Selection questions to identify who is connected to who, collect relational data with relational questions, and add non-relational questions like multiple choice, open-ended, and matrix-style survey questions. Questions added at the Ecosystem level can be used in any Data Capture within that Ecosystem. You can also group questions together to create question groups, which act as survey templates for your Data Captures. Think carefully about the questions you want to ask your partners to ensure each question helps you answer your broader research question and meet your objectives. If you are stuck, consider drawing from our library of network analysis questions and survey templates available to our platform users.
Adding Members in PARTNER CPRM
Once you have a list of questions ready, here is how to add them in PARTNER CPRM:
- Click “Questions” in the Ecosystem Navigation Menu on the left.
- Click “Add” at the top, then “Add Question” in the dropdown menu that appears.
- Select a Question Type from the menu:
- Network Member Selection: These questions help gather relational data by letting respondents select who they have a relationship with. Before asking any relational questions, you must included a Network Member Selection Question. We recommend using a bounded list to avoid data cleaning.
- Bounded List: Respondents can only select from your list of Ecosystem Members
- Name Generator: Respondents can generate a list of all of the Ecosystem Members in their network
- Relational: These questions gather relational data by asking respondents question about their connections, like their level of trust or frequency of interactions. These can be visualized by coloring lines or changing the size of nodes in your network maps.
- Non-Relational: These are typical survey questions that gather non-relational data that is treated like a member attribute for the respondent who answers.
- Matrix: Ask a member to respond or rank a series or list of prompts or questions using the same response options.
- Add your Question Text and select your answer options
- You can use answer options from another question or add custom response
- Add an option individually by clicking “Add option” or add multiple responses at the same time with “Bulk add options”
- Click “Save.”